Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not sure why...

of all days... I am asked "why I'm not dating anyone?" It isn't that I'm so much bothered or irritated by that, although it definitely mad me a little sad since today is Valentine's... but it's more the person that's asking. I usually receive a call mid morning asking me what I'm doing... if I'm able to take the call I guarantee I'm almost always doing something for the boys ... today I was finishing their Valentines for their classroom party... yesterday at the same time I was doing laundry, vacuuming, washing dishes, and something else not sure what all at the same time. My ex-husband surely must know by now that with him being several states away as well as any family members that my opportunities to date are far and few ... not that given what I've seen over the past few years there's much out there that I would be interested in anyways. Why does he ask me this?? It's weird and annoying!! My boys come first and that's that. Now if Mr. Wonderful can handle this than bring him on... but somehow I don't think so LoL! But in the meantime I picked up the prettiest pot of pink Victory roses for myself that sometime when the sun is shining brightly I can repot outside ;o) Oh and some oh so cute zebra high heel mules. Tomorrow I think I will treat myself to a pedicure and a manicure to go along with these cuties!! Nothing like a little retail therapy to uplift your mood at least a little ;o)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Dionne, I am so sorry :( You are a WONDERFUL mom! Your boys are so lucky to have you!! They are learning so many good things from you and the way you are to them. You should be so proud of yourself and them, and I know you are! I am so GLAD to see that you bought yourself some wonderful gifts!! Yo deserve each and every one! Those shoes are awesome!!

Love you sweetie :)
Amy

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

you go girl! i love the roses and the shoes =) you are GREAT with or without a man and your boys being your priority is how it should be =) the right guy will come along when the time is right for YOU. hugs, debbie

sister sheri said...

Well, I can vouch for the retail therapy... I hand a manicure and pedicure just yesterday and I feel so much better! I received a gift of a pedicure... otherwise I would have waited until summer, but, wow, the piggies look good painted!

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi sweet Dionne. Baby, if you could walk in those heels!! I haven't worn heels like that since I was 18 & that's a long time ago. Girl, when the right man comes along, you'll know. I'm sure there is one waiting for you, how could there not be. One who will do the right thing by you.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Don't answer when "He" calls.:0) Your children are the most important thing. You definitely have YOUR priorities straight.

You are a doll & I'm sure you will find someone when YOU want to.

Love those zebra mules!! Go Girl!!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

kathyann said...

Dionne,you go girl,we all need to treat ourselves from time to time it does us the world of good!WOW with those heel,there could well be a few pairs of eyes looking in your direction,ya know what I mean!You have beautiful sons who obviously love you to bits,your boys will always be your priority and that never changes no matter how old they are!Take no notice of what he says ,its your life!Love from Kathyann and the girls at meg's mum's muffins
Dionne,please can I have your permission to copy and post on my blog your "women who make your life meaningful"poem! I have a few friends who are going through a rough time at the moment.Thanks

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi sweet Dionne, just popped by to say Hi, hope all is well. Hope you haven't fallen off those heels (giggle).
Hugs, Coll :-}

Lallee said...

Remember the Man who loves you most. Good for you for buying the roses and I love those attitude shoes!