Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Thine Own Self Be True


Have had these posted on the fridge for sometime now... just thought I would share:

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
-John Wooden

You are the product of your own brainstorm.
-Rosemary Konner Steinbaum

Never grow a wishbone... where your backbone ought to be.
-Clementine Paddleford

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
-Helen Keller

4 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

i love those dionne =) hugs, debbie

Unknown said...

Oh Dionne, thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to hear these things, now to just learn to live by them!

Amy

Lallee said...

I love these quotes and will be writing them down. Thank you for sharing!

I have tagged you for a fun meme if you would like to participate.

Hugs,
Lallee

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Hi Dionne
that was a lovely memoir
i just wrote a poem for my dad and will be blogging it.
That pic of the door i love that have seen it somewhere before and saved it.